Son of James Hart / Catherine Sizemore!
Mother: Catherine Sizemore Born ABT. 1771
Father: James Hart 1765 / 1824
|1787 / 1859|
|Ashe Co. N.C.|
(1) Eastern Cherokee Applications by Catherine Hart of Sturgills, Ashe County, North Carolina not married, born 1829, daughter of John Hart and wife Nancy Floyd. Says that her father John Hart who died in 1859 was the son of James and Catherine Hart.
Lists her siblings as:
Wiley M Margaret,
States ancestry as Catherine Hart, daughter of John and Nancy Hart, son of James and Catherine Hart,daughter of Ned Sizemore.
(2) By the decree of the Supreme Court of the United States of April 30, 1906 Eastern Cherokee Indians who have become Citizens are to share equal Per Capita with the Eastern Cherokees of N.C. in the funds. I accept that decree and ask enrollment. Biddy Hart a daughter of Stephen Hart a son of John Hart a son of James and Catherine Hart whoose maiden name was Catherine Sizemore a daughter of Ned Sizemore a full blooded Cherokee Indian.
|John Hart married Nancy FLOYD.|
Nancy Mother Name: Margaret
Nancy Father Name: Stephen FLOYD
Given Name: John
Children of John Hart and Nancy FLOYD
|Name||Birth / Died||Town or City||County||State|
||abt. 1810 / 1896
| James Hart
||abt. 1814 / 1847
||abt. 1816 / ????
||abt. 1829 / ????
||abt. 1831 / ????
||abt. 1833 / 1863
||abt. 1835 / 1863
John Hart a son of James and Catherine Hart whose maiden name was Catherine Sizemore a daughter of Ned Sizemore a full blooded Cherokee Indian
1. North Carolina 1830 Census.
2. North Carolina 1840 Census.
3. North Carolina 1850 Census
The 45,000 or so Eastern Cherokee Applications (ECAs)