|Mary Plumley married Stephen Hart Born: 1810 Death: October 04, 1896 and they had thirteen children.|
Given Name: Mary
|Name||Birth/Death Date||Town or City|| County||State|
|Jane ||abt. 1833 || || ||Virginia (Female)||Martha ||abt. 1834 || || ||Virginia (Female)|
|James ||abt. 1836 / May 9, 1864 || || ||Virginia (Male)|
|Charity ||abt. 1837 / 16 Jul 1869 || || ||Virginia (Female)|
|William ||abt. 1840 / 1853 || || ||Virginia (Male)|
|Kelly ||abt. 1844 / 9, Oct. 1913 || ||Logan/Boone Co.||Virginia (Male)|
|Nancy ||abt. 1846 / ? ||Logan/Boone Co.||Virginia (Female)|
|Floyd ||abt. 1847 || ||Boone County ||Virginia (Male)|
|Catherine ||abt. 1849/ 1942|| ||Boone County ||Virginia (Female)|
|Dolliver ||abt. 1851 || ||Boone County ||Virginia (Female)|
|Rebecca ||abt. 1853 || ||Boone County ||Virginia (Female)|
|Salina ||abt. 1855 / Oct. 04,1896 || ||Boone County ||Virginia (Female)|
|John ||abt. 1857 ||Spencer ||Roane County ||Virginia (Male)|
Catherine (sometimes spelled Catharine, Katherine or Katharine)
(1) It must be remembered that Boone County and Roane County was a part of Virginia before 1863 and after the Civil War they become counties of West Virginia.
(2) James killed at Cloyds Mountain May 9, 1864. Through the years, most of the men and women who fought and died in the civil war (1861 / 1865) have been forgotten. Now, only the descendants remember.
(3) There is an added + (member Home Guards) and a star (joined Union Army) beside Kelly's name in the 1860 Census of Roane County W. Va.
(4) Logan County birth and death and marriage records for the years 1824 - 1852 were destroyed during the Civil War.
(5) Any census record providing a individual's age will always produce two possible birth dates, depending on whether the individual has or has not had their birthday yet that year.
For example, if Nancy is age 15 in the 1860 Census, it means Nancy could have been born in 1845 or in 1846, depending on whether or not they had had their birthday by the time they were counted by the census taker.
Kelly S. Hart